Saturday, September 11, 2010

Thankful #10: Rollercoaster of Hope

"I forget the last time I felt brave
I just recall insecurity
Cause it came down like a tidal wave
And sorrow swept over me
Then I've been given grace and love
I was blind, but now I can see,
Cause I've found a new hope from above
And courage swept over me." --Tidal Wave by Owl City

I am thankful for hope. Christ is our hope and God is the Father of all comfort.
Bravery is a funny thing. Everyone is fearful, but only certain people are brave.
The song makes me think, maybe we only get courage from hope. We can only be brave if we trust and hope that God will fulfill His promises to us.
 "I will never leave you or forsake you."  "As many as the stars in the sky in multitudes."
Abraham hoped, and was brave enough to sacrifice his only son.
What can we sacrifice to God? Our unholy fear?

"Everything is gonna be all right."

I am also thankful for emotions. Yeah, they can be a huge pain in the butt, but God gave them to us for a reason. Without emotions, how could we love our family and friends? Emotions are like a tidal wave.
And we can calm the storm with grace, hope, and love.

So let's jump onto this rollercoaster, my friends. Whoooohoooooooooo!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment