Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Thankful #12: Memory, all alone in the Moonlight

Tonight I cannot sleep. I tried and I failed.
Sometimes, however, I do my best thinking at night (which is why I can't sleep, my brain won't turn off).
I am thankful for two things right now:

1. The ability to sleep. Isn't it quite amazing? We work all day and then God blesses us with heavenly rest each night. The more blankets the better! Even if I have a bad night, I always wake up feeling at least a little refreshed. It's like an oasis.  "And afterall, you're my wonderwall."

2. For memories. I can remember so many wonderful things I've done or seen over my short life.
Even if we are in a dark place, we can remember God's grace and sing like an apostle trapped in prison.

"Remember when it rained? Felt the ground and looked up high and called your name."

           Daylight
I must wait for the sunrise
I must think of a new life
And I mustn't give in
When the dawn comes
Tonight will be a memory too
And a new day will begin.

"Lay down, your sweet and weary head. Night is falling, you have come to journey's end. Sleep now, and dream of the ones who came before, they are calling, from across the Western shore."


All that is gold does not glitter,
Not all those who wander are lost;
The old that is strong does not wither,
Deep roots are not reached by frost.
From the ashes a fire shall be woken,
A light from the shadows shall spring;
Renewed shall be blade that was broken,
The crownless again shall be king. -- J.R.R. Tolkien

Sweet dreams my friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment