Saturday, August 14, 2010

Thankful #7 Real Shooting Stars

I was out in the country this week. As soon as I stepped outside, I was stunned by all of the incredible twinkling lights up above. I even saw a streak of light shooting across the sky. Makes me want to live out there, just so I can gaze upwards every night. All I can see mostly are "airplanes in the night sky like shooting stars."
Day 4 of creation was a good day indeed.

"There will be stars." --Sara Teasdale

Sara Teasdale is my favorite poet. Her words are simple yet beautiful.
They may be simple words, but she arranges them in complex poetic ways.
Just like stars in the sky.

"I will make this world of my devising, out of a dream in my lonely mind
I shall find the crystal of peace--above me. Stars I shall find."

I was thinking of that line "world of my devising." God has blessed us mere mortals
with the ability to create worlds of our own. We can come up with ideas that seem original to us, and may be original to mankind, but ultimately, all ideas are from Him.

Thank you, Lord, for giving us ideas. And for shooting stars.

1 comment:

  1. I live "out there" and I always forget how beautiful it is. I should go outside and look at the stars tonight :-)

    ReplyDelete